NEW FEATURES INCLUDE:
- A visual alert is displayed in the top right corner of every Affiliate Center page letting you know when you’ve received a message.
- Initiate chats even when the the other person is not currently online (they’ll be alerted to your chat attempt the next time they visit the Affiliate Center).
- SFIM automatically includes your sponsor and co-sponsor and your complete A2A friends list.
- The FAVORITES list allows you to add and remove upline and downline members whenever you want
- SFIM remembers who you’ve chatted with most recently. These persons are automatically displayed on your RECENT list.
- Engage in simultaneous chats with different persons.
- For a personal touch, all chats feature the SFI account photos of the persons chatting.
- Change your status whenever you want from Available to Unavailable (use Unavailable when you are online but need to stay focused on something other than chatting).
- Turn on audio alerts to hear when someone has messaged you…turn it off with a single click when you want quiet.
- All chats are now stored so they can be referenced later.
- Easily set blocks on anyone who you do not wish to further engage in chats with.
- Is someone violating SFI policy? Use the Report Abuse link located next to the person’s name.
- Relationship flags (located behind names of upline and downline members) are embedded with tooltips to let you know what their relationship with you is (e.g. Co-Sponsor, PSA, or a member on your 10th generation). Hover your mouse over the flag to see this info.
- Review the person’s Affiliate Snapshot in a new window by selecting the option from the “Arrow Menu” located behind their name.
- Minimize the chat window by clicking on the upper bar area (great for when you need to see the screen behind the chat window).
- All chats follow you anywhere you go at the Affiliate Center. Great for when you need to visit a certain page or resource at the Affiliate Center and reference it in your chat.
- Smart “Chat Status Balls” next to names let you know instantly if the person is offline or online (green). An exclamation mark in a green ball means the person is online and has initiated a chat and is waiting for you to reply. An exclamation mark in a gray ball means the person is no longer online, but has messaged you (you can reply now and they’ll get your response the next time they visit the Affiliate Center).
Tip: When you receive an email notification from SFI about a new PSA, it means the person is probably currently online at the SFI Affiliate Center and you should initiate a live chat immediately to welcome this person to SFI and help your new affiliate get started. To initiate these chats, you can click the link provided in the email notification or, alternately, just locate the person in your Genealogy and click the Chat Status Ball located in the far right column. Note: If if they’re not online now, leave a friendly note anyway so it’s waiting for them the next time they visit the Affiliate Center.
HOW TO START CHATTING
SFIM is always available; just click the bubble icon that appears in the top right corner of the Affiliate Center to open.
A great way to get started with the new SFIM is to initiate a chat with one of the persons on your included Favorites or a2a Friends list. Note the “Chat Status Ball,” which indicates…
- Gray outlined (hollow) ball = not online
- Green ball = online
- Green ball with exclamation point = online and chat initiated/waiting for you to respond
- Gray ball with exclamation point = offline and chat initiated/waiting for you to respond
To initiate additional chats, there are five additional methods:
- In your Genealogy, located in the far right column for each name, is the chat status ball. Click it to start or join a chat. Key Tip: Select “Online Now” from the QuickFilters menu to instantly view everyone in your genealogy who is currently online and available for chat.
- Located on your My Movers page, located in the far right column for each name, is the chat status ball. Click it to start or join a chat.
- On any Affiliate Snapshot, located under the person’s picture, is the chat status ball. Click it to start or join a chat.
- At the Forum, located under the person’s picture, is the chat status ball. Click it to start or join a chat.
- You can initiate chats with other members of your UPLINE (Team Leaders) by clicking the chat status balls located behind their names on your Upline Team page
As we cover in LaunchPad lesson #17, communication is HUGE in building a successful SFI business. Be sure to add the new SFIM to your communication strategy now!
DISCUSS IT! Log in at the SFI Affiliate Center, then head over to the FORUM–to the SFI NEWS DISCUSSIONS section–to discuss this announcement with your fellow SFI’ers.