The new STREAM (one of the tabs on your Affiliate Center homepage) is now live!
1. First and foremost, we’ve greatly simplified Stream. There’s a place to compose your own posts (with the option to include images)…and there’s a timeline–which displays posts from SFI Corporate, your Sponsor, your Co-Sponsor, and other upline members (shown newest to oldest). Essentially just two simple sections.
2. You can of course “like” posts, by clicking the “thumbs-up” icon, and we encourage you to do so (your likes help posters earn and upgrade their Likes Badge). If you LOVE a post, click the new “heart” icon (“loves” are also counted on the poster’s Likes Badge). If you’re not sure whether you like a post or not, click the “neutral” face icon. Or, if you don’t like the post, click the “sad” face icon. TIP: Be sure to regularly use this feature and rate posts honestly so that you’re providing feedback to the poster. This will help them improve their future posts.
3. You can also now “restream” posts. That is, if you really like a post and want your team to see it, you can forward it on to your team with a click. Note: Do not restream posts that are not appropriate for your team.
4. Improved reply features. If you wish to reply to a post, there are now up to three methods. A) Click the envelope icon to respond with an easy and quick TeamMail message to the poster. B) Click the “bubble” icon to initiate an instant message (chat) session with the poster. C) Click the “double bubble” icon to go to the poster’s private sub-forum (not applicable if poster has not set up a private forum for their team). Note that all three reply options are contingent upon whether you are allowed to communicate with the poster.
5. Posts from ECAs will no longer appear in Stream. But fret not, ECAs! We’re simply moving your posts to a new “mini-Stream” panel which will be located on the more appropriate TripleClicks tab–where you’ll have less posts to compete against too.
6. SFI is going to lead by example. That is, with the new Stream now installed, SFI will now be posting regularly and frequently our best tips, alerts, and other valuable information.
7. We’ve also greatly simplified who gets your Stream posts. That is, when you post something now (or restream a post), it will automatically go to every affiliates within 12 downline generations of you, PLUS all your CSAs, regardless of what your rank is.
Why only the ONE option for who receives your posts? In short, we want to eliminate complexity and redundancy within our communication tools. If you really need to send a message to just your PSAs, for example, use the PSA Mailer. If you want to communicate with your CSAs specifically, use the CSA Mailer. And/or use the Genealogy Group Mailer to target messages to any specific group you want. Don’t forget that we also have SFIM (SFI Instant Messaging), the Forum (including Private Forums just for your downline), and TeamMail. In short, you have at your disposal all kinds of ways to distribute messages and communicate with virtually any subset of your team…so let’s keep Stream SIMPLE.
BEST USES FOR STREAM
- General tips & advice
- Inspirational/motivational messages
- Recognizing achievements of Team Members
- Comments on the latest SFI and TC news
- Invitations to engage in discussions at the Forum (be sure to include the URL)
- Referrals to great Knowledge Base answers (be sure to include the URL)
- Appropriate quips and witticisms
Again, remember that all posts will go to everyone within 12 generations downline and your CSAs. And remember that your posts may get restreamed and, hence, distributed much deeper–potentially to be seen by tens of thousands of affiliate (and all the likes that might come with ’em!).
NOTE! Using Stream for advertising or solicitations of any kind is strictly prohibited. Violation will result in immediate suspension and/or permanent loss of posting privileges. If you see a violation, report it immediately–using the “Report” link.
DISCUSS IT! Log in at the SFI Affiliate Center, then head over to the FORUM–to the SFI NEWS DISCUSSIONS section–to discuss this announcement with your fellow SFI’ers.