We are pleased today to announce that our popular PTP (Pick The Price) game is back at TripleClicks! Not only is PTP back, but it’s been completely overhauled to make it more fun to play, fairer, and more rewarding, too!
The basic objective is still the same (predict the final price for an upcoming Pricebenders auction), but the main objective now is about scoring the highest point total for your prediction. For example, pick the exact winning price and you’ll score 300 points. For each cent you’re off on your prediction (either over OR under), subtract 3 points (maximum 300).
- Winning price is $10.00. You predicted $10.00. You score 300 points.
- Winning price is $10.00. You predicted $9.90. You score 270 points.
- Winning price is $10.00. You predicted $10.50. You score 150 points.
- Winning price is $10.00. You predicted $9.05. You score 15 points.
- Winning price is $10.00. You predicted $9.00. Zero points scored.
Boost your total score further by earning bonus points through Sidekicks. There are six different Sidekicks available, which not only earn you bonus points to help you win, but make playing PTP more challenging and more fun! Note that each activation of a Sidekick costs 1 TCredit.
NEW BIGGER WEEKLY POT!
The new PTP has also moved up from a daily Zackpot to a WEEKLY one! That means much bigger shares can be won!
To win a share of the big weekly PTP Zackpot (minimum 1500 TCredits), just post a top 200 score sometime during the week (Monday through Sunday).
- Of the top 200 scores posted for the week, the top 10 scorers will receive 5 shares of the pot.
- Entrants with the the next 40 highest scores will receive 3 shares of the pot.
- Entrants with the 150 next highest scores will receive 1 share.
- In the case of a tie, the entry with the earliest entry wins.
Note: Having the highest score for an individual auction does NOT assure winning a share of the Zackpot. It is only the entrants with the top 200 scores overall for the week that qualify for a share of the Zackpot.
Enter as many auctions as you wish (minimum 1 TCredit per entry/auction) with no limit on how many Zackpot shares you can win! Plus, each entry earns you 5 Member Rewards Points! No purchase necessary to play or win.
For ways to attain TCredits for free game entries, click HERE
OTHER NEW FEATURES & CHANGES
- To help you with your prediction, you’re provided the average winning price AND the average auction length (time) for the last five times the item was auctioned.
- To prevent a previous form of exploits of PTP and make PTP fair for all, when you go to enter a game, you’ll be presented with a random auction starting soon. However, if you’re not interested in playing PTP for the auction selected at random for you, you will be allowed to skip it and get a different auction (skip up to three auctions a day).
- The new PTP also brings back PRE-BIDDING for Pricebenders. That is, a section of the new PTP entry page now includes a section to place pre-bids. What’s pre-bidding? You can use pre-bidding to win upcoming auctions that you can’t be present for. You can set up bids to be placed on your behalf whenever you want (activated when the current auction price hits the amounts you designate). For each of your pre-bids, you’ll also instantly receive 1 VersaPoint as soon as the auction starts (a great way to grab some quick VP!). And, as a special bonus, for every 10 pre-bids, we’ll add a FREE BONUS VP! Example: Place 10 pre-bids and receive 11 VP. Place 20 pre-bids and receive 22 VP. Place 100 total pre-bids and receive 110 VP. And so on.
- With PTP being a totally different game now, all existing scores are being RESET. Everyone starts at zero today. Tip: This is a great opportunity to grab a prestigious PTP Leaderboard badge!
- Each PTP week runs Monday through Sunday. Since all PTP entries must, necessarily, be upcoming auctions, this means that entries on Sundays may cross over into the next week’s contest and Zackpot. For complete clarity and transparency on this, you will find a link on the entry confirmation screen to a ledger of ALL your entries with a designation for which week’s contest each belongs to.
Play PTP now here:
We hope you enjoy the new PTP!
Head over to the FORUM–to the SFI NEWS DISCUSSIONS section–to discuss this announcement with your fellow SFI’ers now.